Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Prime > Aelyria Prime > The Forum

Notices

Old March 12, 2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Veleraen
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero
A Message from home (Norin)

Quote:
A dwarf came walking through the city of Prime in the late spring. He was delivering letters to very specific people. One such letter was adressed to Veleraen, which he had been told could be find at the Imperial Citadel. The dwarf made his way through the city, asking for directions whenever he thought he was lost. He had many letters to deliver and didn't have time to be proud, he couldn't afford spending candlemarks looking for something that he clearly didn't know where was.

Thus it was that during the afternoon of this specific brightening, the dwarf came to the Imperial Citadel. He didn't try to enter, but instead sought a guard that could help him locate Veleraen. "Serale. I'm a messenger from Centripax. I have a letter here to a giant named Veleraen. It's a letter from the Governor of Centripax and the Consul of the Northern Reaches."

The dwarf waited patiently for a reply. He didn't mind standing there, just outside the entrance to the Imperial Citadel, until Veleraen showed up. He didn't mind following the guards either. He only wished to deliver his letter.

It didn't take long for some of the Knights in the halls to see Norin's messenger wandering around, awaiting the arrival of the giant. Veleraen had actually been training on the other side of the citadel with his halberd when the message came in. One of the Knights approached Veleraen telling him of someone to see him with a message. The giant raised an eyebrow and stopped what he was doing, wiping a bead of sweat off of his brow as he walked with the Knight towards the other end of the citadel. "I wonder what this could be about...I have never had a messenger come to me with news. Ever."

As the giant rounded the corner around a pillar, he saw a stocky dwarf. Approaching the smaller figure of the dwarf, the giant leaned his weapon against a pillar and knelt down to speak with the small man. "I am Sir Veleraen. You have brought news for me?" The giant's tone deep and very curious. The titan wanted to know what was going on, as he could barely stand the wait to hear the answer.

SoF

RL Update (May 2019) - Am finishing up a couple of threads and then retiring for the foreseeable future. I will still lurk but after this, I'm done.

Old March 12, 2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Norin Beldwhig
Luminary

Norin Beldwhig is an upstanding Citizen
The dwarf was well dressed in the clothes of Centripax, clearly a messenger from someone with political power. Yet, there was something odd. The messenger couldn't have travelled all the way from Centripax to Aelyria Prime in those clothes and without more bagage than the letters he carried in a small bag on his side. This messenger must have left some of his belongings and changed clothes at the inn or something. Whatever it was, it was clear to Veleraen that the dwarf was indeed from Centripax and had been sent from a person with some degree of political power.

The giant walked over to the dwarf and kneeled down. He presented himself and inquired about the message that the dwarf had told the guards about. "Yes, Sir Veleraen, I have a message for you from the Governor of Centripax and the Consul of the Northern Reaches. It has also been signed by an old friend of yours who told me to give his regards. I'm talking about Norin Beldwhig, Senator and Speaker for Centripax."

The dwarf made a small bow as he handed Veleraen a flat folded piece of paper with a seal that held the mark of Centripax, a mark only the Governor or Lieutenant Governor could provide.

Secrets :
Sir Veleraen

You have officially been invited to the Zerdargian Festival, the main ceremony taking place on Solaria of the Second Cycle of Ioannes, and have earned yourself a commendation for your actions during the Zerdargian Siege. You will be awarded this medal during the main ceremony where after a three brightening festival will take place. Please report to the Veldar Compound on the morning of the ceremony to ensure us that you are present when we call out your name and award you this symbol to be held in pride and honour for your valiant deeds and help that you gave to the city of Zerdargia in the past.

Thank You

Former Sergeant Norin Beldwhig of the Veldar Elite
Sharinya, Governor of Centripax
Palacrisis D Jones, Imperial Consul to the Northern Reaches

Norin's CIR

Dwarven Ambassador of Zerdargia in Primus Gaudeo
Veldar Elite Captain Reservist
Peace and Tolerance shall set us free

Old March 13, 2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Veleraen
Mythic

Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero
As soon as the dwarf mentioned "Norin" The giant was even more intrigued. He took the letter in palm of his hand and gently broke the seal that was on the back of it. Unfolding the piece of parchment, Veleraen read the letter. "...Medal....Zerdargia....Festival....Solaria, second cycle of Ioannes.." It was somewhat of a habit, as the giant was used to scanning reports for key bits of information. Veleraen looked over to the dwarf messenger and nodded his head in appreciation. "Thank you." Standing up once more, Veleraen walked to the pillar where his weapon was and leaned up against it, wondering why he was just getting this letter now.

"Festival....I guess Zerdargia has recovered enough to host such an event..." And as the giant thought about Zerdargia, horrible memories were unleashed once again. The flash of the risen undead, their fetid hands clawing at the living, ripping them limb from limb. The screams of his fellow soldiers as they were devoured alive. The giant lowered his chin to his chest and closed his eyes, trying not to show emotion but it was hard to mourn without tears. Even to this brightening Veleraen still had nightmares about Zerdargia. He couldn't get it out of his head.

Quickly folding the letter back up and putting it back in its envelope, Veleraen stuffed it into his uniform pocket and grabbed his halberd. "I will have to talk to the Regent if I am to attend, perhaps if I were to use the abilities of his sorcerers I would be able to attend and be gone only for a brightening or so." The giant walked off in the direction of the palace, hoping he would be able to gain five minutes with the man who had a whole empire to take care of.

SoF

RL Update (May 2019) - Am finishing up a couple of threads and then retiring for the foreseeable future. I will still lurk but after this, I'm done.

Old March 18, 2007, 10:13 AM   #4
Milo L'Evienne
Eternal

Milo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious Superhero
Season of Spring, Era I of the Celestine Mandate, Era XIII Post Fractum

Having followed the young squire from his own offices in the Palace, Milo approached the citadel, more than willing to grant a request for an audience with Sir Veleraen. It was true that even the high ceilings of his private domain could not easily accommodate a man of such a stature and moreover, he was glad for an excuse to escape those dreary walls for a time. Added, and to no small degree, though he’d not much opportunity to speak with this particular Roseman since returning from a winter retreat, he quite liked the towering Knight.

And so stepped inside the Citadel compound, he removed his hat and swept a glance around the grounds for Sir Veleraen. Surely not a hard fellow to spot all things considered.
Old March 18, 2007, 04:36 PM   #5
Veleraen
Mythic

After Veleraen had sent the squire on the mission to deliver the letter to the Regent himself, the giant had gone back to his exercises in the courtyard just outside the citadel itself. As the Regent rounded a corner he found himself in sight of the large Titan wielding his weapon and tossing and twirling the weapon around like a tornado would, side stepping and back stepping, thrusting it through the air.

The Regent and the squire caught the Knight's eye as he was turning and stopped abruptly to greet them. "Ah, your Excellency, I am glad you were able to make time to see me, I hope I am not taking you away from other matters." The giant rested his halberd as his chest puffed in and out as he was catching his breath from the exercise. Veleraen turned to the squire and put a hand on the lad's shoulder. "Thankyou Nathaniel, you have done your duty well. Go see Sir Hyak, I hope he will not be too angry that I stole you away for a few moments." The giant grinned as the squire bowed and marched off. The giant didn't have a squire of his own and therefore had to rely on others to help him around the compound, which was somewhat tough for the giant as he wasn't used to being helped. It was somewhat of a giant issue than anything else.

"Nathaniel's a good young man, he'll make a fine Knight one day." Veleraen smiled at Milo. "I asked you to come talk with me sir because I have received a note from an old friend of mine back in Zerdargia. His name is Norin Beldwhig, a dwarven sergeant I fought with in the war. Apparently he's become a senator now and is running a festival in Zerdargia to commemorate the efforts of the army and those who served. He's asked me to come visit and I wanted to ask you if I would be able to take part in the festival and its ceremony." Veleraen placed his weapon against a pillar as it was somewhat in the way and shifted in his uniform as it was getting a little uncomfortable in it after his workout.

"I realize my duty is to you and your family however I would relish the opportunity to see a few old faces. If I was able to take advantage of one of the sorcerers here in the palace, I could be gone only for a brightening or two at most if time is of the essence. I would not want to leave you for two cycles and travel by foot as it would be time consuming." Veleraen relaxed a little and put his hands behind his back, letting them hand a little as he rarely took time to relax even between workouts. The giant took a deep breath of fresh air and awaited the Regent's answer.

SoF

Old March 19, 2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Milo L'Evienne
Eternal

Milo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious Superhero
By the gods this fellow was a large one. He would be given his race but considering Milo’s limited exposure to giants in general, the stature of this knight never failed to impress him while being compelled to peer upwards to engage in discourse. ”Not at all Sir Veleraen,” he said and waved off the apology with an agreeable smile. ”It does me good to get out from behind palace walls on occasion. And I’ve always time to spare for a member of the Order,” he added as the squire was sent on his way, added a nod of thanks on Milo’s part meantime. ”No doubt he will,” he agreed easily before the knight explained the reason for his request.

It was rather a coincidence indeed when all was said and done, and as a result Milo’s agreeable smile only grew more so. ”It’s quite an honor sir and something to be proud of. Congratulations are in order and naturally I would not think of begrudging your wish to attend. Not at all. I would not expect any in fact to deprive themselves of valuable time off for the sake of service, whether for recreational purposes or business. No man can perform at his best without that time away from the pressures of duty. As it turns out, both my wife and myself with be attending that ceremony as well. Only for the brightening of course as business will compel us to keep the visit brief.”

”Of course, I would not ask that you serve amongst my guard during that particular trip, but that you enjoy the honor you’ve earned. We will be transported ourselves by way of our two sorcerers that brightening, to return on the same. However, Gwygwin can easily provide transport for yourself on whichever brightening you wish to depart, as well as manage your return when you are ready. He will not consider it an imposition in the least.” This, in fact, was a request easily granted, and happily so.
Old March 19, 2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Veleraen
Mythic

As Veleraen listened to the humble words of the Regent, Veleraen could not help but keep smiling as the Regent granted his request with such civility, even throwing in a surprise, taking him offguard. "You are attending the festival as well sire? Well then, that is convienent indeed. I appreciate this and thank you once again, it will be good to return to the city to which I once called home. I shall contact Gwygwin when the time comes." Veleraen bowed his head and as he his head rose, the giant reached an impass that the giant couldn't get by...He didn't know what else to say.

"So, since you are here, is there anything else I can do for you your Excellency? I would hate to be negligent in my duties." Veleraen wiped his brow once more, swiping the sweat that was gathering on his bald head.

SoF

Old March 20, 2007, 02:33 PM   #8
Milo L'Evienne
Eternal

”Indeed we are Sir Veleraen,” Milo replied easily with a wide smile in response to an upcoming trip to Zerdargia for Nell and himself. ”Circumstances so often require that the lady Vicegerent and I stay close by the Imperial Forum, and so it’s a rare pleasure to travel here or there in the Empire when those same circumstances allow. This particular festival, given its greater purpose, is one she and I both look forward to attending. And of course we will be looking forward to witnessing you receiving your honors. And no need for thanks, it is my pleasure. Gwygwin can be easily found and will be able to accommodate you easily at a moment’s notice given the short time needed for such a means of travel.”

”As for anything else, at the moment I don’t believe so, though I would not presume to think you negligent in your duties at all. I have come to greatly admire the dedication of your Order and the work they do for the Sovereignty. The Rosemen, yourself amongst them, are a rare breed. Now unfortunately, duty calls so I should be returning to my offices,” he added with a grin somewhat lessened by regret, for he’d rather linger out of doors and while away a brightening once in a while. Nevertheless, he offered his hand to the giant, whose own hand would surely swallow his, and bid him farewell before heading off to the palace again.

ooc: you are more than welcome when the time comes to assume Gwygwin transports Veleraen safely to Zerdargia, and returns to collect him for the return trip to Prime. =o)